Saturday, November 26, 2011

Update : Moving Words poetry competition




Remember the Moving Words competition in July where I fired off six poems for the contest? Well, never mind. The short of it is, none of my poems were shortlisted so I don't have the surreal feeling of looking at my name on the advertising panels in the trains or stations while sleepwalking to work.

I thought that was the end of the story, but in mid October, I received an email from the Literary Centre, the organizers of this competition, that some of my poems that were submitted will be published in an anthology that is launching soon.

Okay, excited would be an understatement. After a flurry of emails to confirm the copy and layout of THREE poems that will be long-listed for the anthology, I waited for my complimentary copy of the book to arrive.



MOVING WORDS 2011 : A POETRY ANTHOLOGY


scan by dsnake1



Alright, see the picture above? That is the anthology of poetry that was launched by the publisher on 29th October 2011 at the SMU (Singapore Management University). I have, ahem, three entries in that book. Out of nearly 2000 entries, 150+ poems were selected for the anthology.

My three poems that are published in that book are :
1) cracked
2) Rain Trees, Bedok South
3) going to work.

I have just received the book from the post two days ago, and am enjoying it. I must say that some of the poems are very good (no, I am not saying about my ones). Alvin Pang, the editor of the book and one of Singapore's foremost poets, has made a collection that did not disappoint.






© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ) 2011

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ravenblack said...

Congratulations, dsnake!!! :) Well deserved, well deserved indeed. :)

27 November, 2011 10:30  
Anonymous dsnake1 said...

thanks, ravenblack!

i wanted to post the 3 poems here but i have to check with the publisher first, though the copyright of the poems are reserved by me. :)

27 November, 2011 21:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home